We're told we are likely to live longer than previous generations, we want to get the most out of life and we would love to slow the ageing process. The answer is simple - spend more time creating time-stopping experiences.
They need to be experiences totally suited to you and your unique life. Which means only you can create them and only you can choose what experiences to create. The answers will be unique to you but they will come from re-visiting your natural-born talents, passions, skills and the potential those resources could realize. It needs you to create regular experiences in your week that creatively express your talents :
- in your own freely-chosen way,
- for the sheer intrinsic enjoyment you gain from each such experience,
- in your chosen location,
- by yourself or with positive like-minded other people.
- are unrelated to work or other demands on you
- are energizing, mentally stimulating and spiritually refreshing
- you can pursue whenever and wherever you wish
- could be passions that your busy life has forced you to suppress - but don’t limit your potential to try something totally new and challenging (perhaps be the first to….?)
How are they time-stopping and age-slowing? These experiences are so enjoyable, stimulating and totally absorbing that you forget the time - you are 'in the zone' as they say. They slow the ageing process because these experiences energize you, keep you mentally fit and healthy and keep you feeling young in mind, body and spirit.
Not convinced? Think how long you will live - or how long it will seem like - if you don't have lifelong interests like these built into your lifestyle.