Have you reached an age where society is suggesting you should consider retirement?
You can decide to follow the traditional retirement image - stop working and meander through the rest of your life. It’s a wonderful feeling….for the first six months. OR
Do what so many others are doing and…
RE-INVENT YOUR LIFE and RE-CREATE THE REAL YOU.
Why re-invent your life?
Whether or not you continue working you can :
- Continue being somebody!
- Always feel happy answering “What do you do?”
- Never feel old (we are all ageing from birth but who is old?)
- Beat ageism and the mid-life crisis
- Feel in control of your life
- Stay resilient, happy, healthy and mentally alert
- Put substance into what could be as many years as your working life to date
- Enjoy staying involved in interests bigger than you
- Respond positively to changing priorities in your life
- Consciously build your life around the enjoyment factor that keeps you growing.
What do I mean by "re-creating your real self"?
Today recreation is seen as any non-work interest we do for fun and relaxation. It’s meaning is actually much deeper than that. The word “recreation” is derived from the Latin “recreare”… to create anew. My 30 year career as a Recreation Planner has taught me to define recreation in a way that demonstrates its important personal development role as … ‘any creative expression of one’s talents and passions for the sheer intrinsic enjoyment of the experience”.
How does "Re-creating the real you relate to retirement?
Your natural talents and passionate interests are unique to you - they establish your unique identity as an individual. They are your strength and your lifelong resource for creating your true identity and real self.
Re-creating your real self is a process of identifying :
- What gives you a deep sense of enjoyment about life, and
- What drives your lifelong desire to keep on growing as a person (self-actualization).
My unique structured process:
Enables you to:
- Identify your known developed talents and passions
- Identify past, present and potential future enjoyably energizing experiences
- Re-discover talents and passions you used to enjoy until life got in the way
- Seek new experiences that develop your under-developed or latent talents/passionate interests
I focus on:
- The emotional, non-financial, aspects of planning what you are going to do with life if and when you retire from fulltime work
- Your mental durability not just to cope with life after work but positively strengthen and sustain your mental fitness and thus live your expected longer life to the full
My expertize comes from 30 years of working professionally as a recreation planner helping people from all walks of life develop their favourite recreation and leisure interests and the positive impact those interests have on mental energy, self-esteem, life-enrichment , creative thinking and the many other personal development benefits that positive human behaviour unleashes.
When you lose yourself in an interest you love you find yourself!
Try before you buy?
Full consultations are about 2 hours for individuals and about 4 hours for group consultations.